Sunday, November 6, 2011

Whoa Totes!

Ok I am obsessed with making tote bags after successfully making one (polka dot). Then I did the second one for Jeannie, who has a different kind of taste. Hopefully they will like their bags!!
They are reversible. Jeannie's has fusible interfacing...fancy word for iron on material that will make your fabric sturdier. Sorry Grace! I made yours before I discovered fusible interfacing. Credits go to my husband Justin for telling me to add the fusible interfacing (not in those words, more like "shouldn't you find a way to make it sturdier?") Oh well. Grace yours is just as functional!

My favorite part is the ruffled pocket. I will buy something just because it has ruffles on it. And now you're telling me I know how to make my OWN ruffles??? This is going to be dangerous. It is also called "gathering" from my extensive YouTube research, FYI...

No comments:

Post a Comment