Monday, September 19, 2011

Improvements to my first sewing project since the 8th grade

Thankfully grace taught me how to sew (again) - how to thread the machine and the bobbin. When I was babysitting Abby, I tried to sew a drawstring purse, which just turned into two pieces of fabric sewn on 3 sides. Justin made fun of me and said I Just made a huge pocket (TRUE). But today I sewed the pocket in half to create two pockets and folded it over, added two buttons and made the "string" for it to loop around. Now it can hold my kindle!
Sewed a short length of string on the back. It took me 1 hour to make this string...


Close-up of the button working
See my kindle hiding inside?



Random card I made for Maddie to give to a piano student of Mrs. Kwan's who has given her so much princess toys! Maddie picked out the stamps and the color of the ribbon - via Skype! Gabriel just blinked at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment