Monday, May 20, 2013

Baby Project #3: Reversible Flannel Receiving Blanket with Rounded Corners & Fun Stitching

Finally! I get to make a receiving blanket for my own baby! After sewing countless blankets, I can wrap my baby up in this one! Or at the very least, drape it over her crib like I see in all the Pottery Barn catalogs :)

This blog was the inspiration behind it all: http://www.stayathomeartist.com/2012/07/reversible-flannel-receiving-blankets.html. It only took 1.5 hours to complete!

I'll take better pictures in the daylight (our apt has yellow undertones at night). But I am overall pleased. And had fun testing out the stitch I would use for the edges. Makes it look fancy with very little effort. So this will be one of the girly things I allow myself to indulge in - but not too many other pink projects in the queue. Just some burp cloths to match, for now! That will have to wait until the weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment